Thursday 21 July 2011

Task 4: Evaluation



1. Did you enjoy the workshop day? What were your best bits and why?
I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop day! My favourite parts were the ones when I was behind the camera, either working the jib or trolley. I found it interesting to see how a professional camera and equipment works. I also enjoyed just generally dancing around and having a great time!


2. What did you learn from participating in the workshop?
How little set ups are necessary for a successful music video. Also the importance of high levels of performance from the actors. I also learnt the about the amount of planning that goes into a successful shoot.

I learnt about how a variety of cameras work and how to use other pieces of technical equipment such as a jib etc.

(as well as some funky dance moves!)


3. Are you pleased with the footage and your edit? Is it how you expected it to look?
I am very happy with the footage and just as happy with our final edit. The shots appear professional and of a high standard with focus and colour that I could only hope to achieve in my own future music video. The framing and performance in the footage is of a professional standard and I feel we have recreated the original video to a great quality. I was happily surprised with the quality of footage we gathered and the edit is a lot better than I expected it would appear in the end.


4. How do you think your workshop experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?
I believe the workshop will encourage me to try more ambitious things within my music video project; I am now more experience with filming equipment and familiar with extra technical equipment that I would be eager to use in my own video. I reckon I will use a greater variety of shots and also be more effective with time management.

I learnt how to successfully lip-sync to songs and I believe this will greatly benefit my project if I choose to perform within it next term.

No comments:

Post a Comment